To be a model center in Civil engineering education producing vibrant diploma engineers,technicians and good citizen.
Department of Civil Engineering is committed to:
- Produce globally acceptable technicians through well balanced teaching methods, teaching aids,seminars, tutorial classes, practical experiences and opportunities for over all personality development of the students.
- Facilitate the continuous up-gradation of knowledge of faculty contributing to the students.
- Mould the students in entrepreneurship, leadership, innovativeness and as good citizen.
- Develop better industry – department interaction.
- Prepare students for lifelong learning and career in the changing world.
- Generate revenue through consultancy services.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Program Educational Objectives of Diploma in Civil Engineering:
- PEO 1. Acquire expertise (for successful professional practice) in civil Engineering /allied fields and for higher education.
- PEO 2. Perform simple survey, planning, designing, estimating and costing of civil engineering works.
- PEO 3. Apply the knowledge of water supply and sanitary engineering for public health and environmental sustainability.
- PEO 4. Support technical staff in solving engineering problems with innovative ideas and facts towards development.
- PEO 5. Promote professionalism, work ethics and social values
Civil Engineering is associated with design, construction and maintenance of physically and naturally built environment. Sir M.Visvesvaraya setting up highest bench marks for the Civil Engineering Community in this country, the onus of development rests on present and future civil engineering professionals.
The department has experienced faculty and following Lab facilities.
- CAD Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Material and Soil Testing Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Hydraulics Lab
- Construction Workshop Lab
- Models' Room
- Construction Materials Lab